What are the documents required for CDR Report Writing?
What are the documents required for CDR Report Writing?
If you are a skilled engineer who wants to live in Australia, you must get visa authorization from the Australian Immigration Department. Before applying for a visa, you must prepare a CDR Report (Competency Demonstration Report). This blog will give you information about the documents required for CDR Report Writing.
The Australian Government is seeking qualified, skilled professionals and engineers. Talented and experienced engineering professionals demand is much higher than we can ever imagine. That’s why the Australian Government has opened its wide arms to skilled personnel living outside their country to work and live in Australia.
Why is CDR Report required?
A Competency Demonstration Report (CDR) is required for applicants to demonstrate the applicable requirements adhering to the guidelines of Engineers Australia. Unfortunately, only some get a skilled migration visa on the first attempt fulfilling all the documents required for CDR.
A qualified, skilled engineer can show their eligibility to the Australian Government by creating a CDR that meets all appropriate requirements. Unfortunately, many engineers get rejection due to a lack of understanding, and those who understand acquire an Australian Skilled Migration Visa.
While you may doubt the necessity of receiving expert assistance in preparing a CDR Report, remember that they got rejected due to minor problems from Engineers Australia.
Important Documents needed for CDR Report
If you think that filing the CDR Report is the only thing you need to do, you are mistaken. Many people don’t know about the documents required to submit to Australian immigration and the visa.
Before being provided to Australian immigration officials, the documents required for a typical CDR are as follows:
- A CDR-approved record.
- A certified copy of the CDR application self-signed by the engineer proves the engineer’s real feelings underlying the lines in the document.
- If you are an engineer from a country where English is not a primary language, you must provide a certificate proving your ability in the language. You can submit an IELTS certificate along with your CDR Report.
- You must submit three Career Episode Reports along with your CDR Report.
- Engineers should produce a written rundown of their competencies as part of their Career Episode Reports.
- A scanned certified copy of the engineer’s academic documents from high school and college.
- Include a scanned copy of your Curriculum Vitae.
- An engineer should also provide a certificate of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
Applicants must submit technical engineering applications and demonstrate how they will use their skills in the designated career. Your report will judge by using the ANZSCO society and graduate competency rules.
1. Personal information
Your personal information should consist of the following components:
- Passport Size Photo (35 * 45)
- Bio-data page of your passport (primary identifying id)
- Marriage Certificate (name change papers)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- English language proficiency exam
2. Application Information
The first important step in this phase is to decide which engineering career you want to follow. Then follow the registration phase, in which you must provide documentation proof of any professional registration.
You must have academic certificates, transcripts, and so on. You must provide all of your engineering certificates. If you register in an educational program, you should provide your enrollment letter and transcripts.
4. Skilled Employment
Candidates must provide their work experience as per the documents required in CDR Report. Candidates must provide a reference letter from the company they worked for in their professional engineering career. On the other hand, applicants requesting a skilled employment evaluation must provide primary and secondary document verification.
5. CDR Report
CDR is also known as the Competency Demonstration Report. This report must demonstrate the engineer’s education, capability level, proven worthiness, and communication skills. Engineers Australia checks these reports based on the Migration skill assessment (MSA) booklet.
CDR Report includes three things, and they are as follows:
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Three Career Episodes
- Summary Statement
Components of CDR Report
i) Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Engineers should write CPD in the table format. The essential details include official postgraduate studies, seminars, conferences, and other necessary documents.
ii) Three Career Episodes
The career episode showcases your Knowledge, abilities, project roles, and objectives. The career episodes must show the time of your engineering practice that should be free of plagiarised content, as it could get rejected. Therefore write original content free of plagiarism.
The structure of the career episode is as follows:
- Introduction: It contains the date, duration, location, and name of the organization.
- Background: It shows your engineering activity, project objectives, the nature of your work area, a chart displaying the structure of your organization, and the role of your job.
- Personal engineering activities contain engineering activities that detail what you accomplished and how you did it. You may also include technological issues and collaboration.
- Summary: This section summarises your total activity.
iii) Summary Statement
You should write a summary statement for your three career episodes. The summary statement shows the study of career episodes. All of the competency elements must fill the corresponding engineering discipline.
- PE1 Knowledge and skillset
- Engineering application capability at the PE2 level
- PE3 Personal and professional characteristics
iv) Report Submission
Once you have completed all documents required and the necessary paperwork, you can submit your application to Engineers Australia for evaluation.
Read more: Ultimate guide to writing Career Episode 💼💼
Tips to boost CDR Report
You should follow these tips to prepare your CDR report:
- It is essential to choose projects wisely for your career. You should first research the skills that EA desires in a candidate. It would help if you built extensive episodes illustrating your abilities and Knowledge.
- Your career must be straightforward at each level. Please only write about the same project once. EA needs to get updated on your previous work.
- You must register your CDR Report in Australian English. It would help if you verified your spelling and grammar that matches the Australian language.
- You must make a report about yourself in the first person. You should use an active voice. EA is also looking at what you did as an individual. It would help if you wrote about your participation and engagement in the project.
- EA is strict about plagiarism, and your report must be original. It would help if you did not plagiarise anything from the internet. It would help if you only used CDR samples as a guide.
- Your summary should relate the puzzle pieces to the relevant paragraphs in your career episodes.
Features of a Good CDR Report
The characteristics of a good CDR report are as follows:
- Career Episode’s objective is to show your skills as an Engineer, Engineering Technologist, Engineering Associate, or Engineering Manager. Therefore choose them carefully to demonstrate the competency elements for the engineering category you are applying.
- Use Australian English. A CDR report shows your communication skills to the EA.
- It should keep off any details for which EA doesn’t ask. For example, it wants to know something other than your organization’s history, your group’s achievements, or the share of your past employer. It only wants to know your role in the company and your contribution to your company.
- You must be ready to prove the results you claim to achieve.
- EA requires you to write a summary where you must analyze how each paragraph you wrote in your career episodes relates to the competency elements for the skilled migration category you are applying.
The CDR Report shows how capable you are as an engineer talking about technical challenges or problems you faced during a project, the steps you took to solve the problem, and the recognition you received for your efforts.
Must Read: The key points to prepare a CDR Report that influences the EA Evaluator 💼💼
CDRAustraliaVip, for your assistance.
CDRAustraliaVip provides a guide about documents required in CDR report writing by experienced Engineering technologists and IT specialists.
For Australian migration, we offer a complete package of CDR reports and CDR Samples for different kinds of engineers based on academic or work project reports.
What is a CDR report?
CDR is a technical report that assesses the education and competency level of Engineers working overseas. It is a document that engineers use to demonstrate their qualifications for an Australian Skilled Migration visa. Engineers Australia requests that you write a CDR to show the assessor your communication skills.
What are the requirements of a CDR report?
– Personal information such as a birth certificate, passport, and bio-data
– Updated resume copy includes information about employment and education.
– Evidence of English language proficiency.
– Educational qualifications and enrollment certificates.
– Employment evidence documents.
– Three career episodes.
– Summary statements from career episode report.
– Continuing Professional Development lists (CPD).
What are the components of a CDR report?
CDR report is composed of three components which are as follows:
– Career Episode
– Summary Statement
– Continual Professional Development (CPD)